Role: Program Manager – Data Centre Networks
Key Essential Skills: Experience LAN related programs, Portfolio management, budget resource management, Switches
Outline Thebes Group
Thebes Group is a leading UK wide IT infrastructure technology consultancy. We are well-known for our extensive talent pool of highly competent IT professionals and exclusive Academy programmes, which provide a great opportunity to undertake technical training in core disciplines. Thebes work with a number of leading vendors, Government, financial institutions and insurance companies including investment banks, brokers and hedge funds. To see our list of core capabilities please click here.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of strategic and prioritized ENT LAN projects & programs through the assigned PMs
- Full accountability for program/project: maintaining schedules; completion of deliverables; and accuracy of financials
- Partner with the Proposition Owner for identifying & prioritizing the road-map projects that align to the business needs and objectives
- Allocation of projects to PMs through the IDM resource managers
- Tracking, managing and reporting of project budgets and implementing effective cost-control while looking for opportunities for cost-savings
- Resource-planning for PMs and other supporting ENT functions to have adequate staff for delivering committed to projects
- Managing escalations and help resolve issues/road-blocks
- Ensure accurate reporting of the status of all projects within the portfolio to the ENT Senior Management
- Ensuring that all projects are being run in accordance with the groups best practice and tools.
- Working within a matrix organization to ensure the progress of the portfolio of projects; develop collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders
- Effective assessment and monitoring of risks/issues and blockers and ensuring that appropriate plans are in place to address them
- Proven experience in a Portfolio or Program Manager role
- 7+ years’ experience as a Technology Project Manager role, including Data Center infrastructure deployments
- Track record of delivering IT infrastructure projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment, specifically that required to support multiple business projects
- Experience of successfully engaging management and groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure Programme Management, e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2 and agile project management tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity LAN technologies like switching, routing, Loadbalancers, Proxies, DNS, monitoring tools, etc.
- Familiarity with Network products – Cisco, F5, Gigamon, SevOne, Infoblox, Gigastor, etc.
Thebes does IT solutions & services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent fifteen years willingly sharing the client’s risk with them by focusing on outputs (i.e. quality service & solutions and ROI) rather than inputs (i.e. pricelists and headcount). We do this by fitting our skills, solutions & capabilities to needs, augmenting our staff with enthusiastic professionals from our Academy programme and remaining flexible as our clients’ needs change
Thebes Group will not retain or profile the private data contained in an application unless explicitly given consent to do so by the applicant. Applications will not be rejected via an automated process. If you have questions or concerns about your personal data for the duration of your application please contact us via our website.
Thebes Group is a leading IT services and technology consultancy based in the city of London and Milton Keynes. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, Insurance and Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Established in 1992, we are a full service provider that is 100% focused on delivering client value. We design, develop and implement leading technology solutions and resources, which help you, run your businesses better.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.