Role: Container Platform Engineer
Key Essential Skills: Openshift, Kubernetes, configuration management, AWS management, Linux Skills, Strong Orchestration tech
Role & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for running high-scale systems for millions of users. You have a passion for repeatable infrastructure, excellent technical skills and communication skills to match. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to handle a rapid rate of change with spotless reliability, and enjoy planning and executing fast-moving projects involving production systems.
- Support a 24/7 service targeting 5 9’s uptime on PaaS/CaaS platform
- Build and maintain documented production and pre-production environments in Amazon Cloud (AWS)
- Collaborate on design and configuration, ensuring a balance of stability, security and flexibility
- Build and maintain an automated deployment platform to support continuous delivery processes
- Own and maintain the process for the deployment of code for stable, scalable & secure releases
- Build and maintain monitoring for the production environments, ensuring alerting mechanisms are deployed and appropriately assigned to the support model (currently Sysdig, Splunk, Cloudwatch)
- Drive change to the above through sprint cycles as agreed in squad planning sessions
- Contribute knowledge and best practices to cross-team discussions
- AWS management (CloudFormation, EC2, ECS, VPC, RDS, S3, CloudFront, ELB, Lambda, Cloudwatch, IAM, Route53)
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong experience with Configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Continuous Integration tools; Jenkins
Outline Thebes Group:
Thebes Group is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the city of London. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, financial institutions Insurance including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Thebes Group is a leading IT services and technology consultancy based in the city of London and Milton Keynes. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, Insurance and Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Established in 1992, we are a full service provider that is 100% focused on delivering client value. We design, develop and implement leading technology solutions and resources, which help you, run your businesses better.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.