Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber Security framework – Auditing, Discovery & Implementation
- Windows and Linux security
- Cloud Security
- Security Admin
- Vendor Driven Environment
- Professional qualification CEH, CISSP – desirable
Solid experience of: –
You must have a min of 5+ years’ experience as a Cyber Security Engineer with an outstanding organisation.
Dealing with senior stakeholders, Program management, suppliers and other departments. Creating and consulting, including Auditing and Discovery for Cyber strategy covering implementation. Proactively addressing the cyber incidents and problems. Leveraging other services where possible and provide the basis on which the firm works.
To provide first class implementation planning and delivery of all portfolio products and services offered. Implementation of our audit service is core to the business and provides the data that SecOps transforms to make the initial product offering. All customer development is fostered from the audit with the aim of getting control of cyber risk by addressing governance and hygiene and easing the journey to fully managed SOC/SIEM. The Security Engineer is the technical specialist who interfaces with the customer IT team to ensure a smooth well planned and coordinated installation.
Essential Experience: (Must-have skills/qualifications)
- Professional qualification considered a benefit (CEH, CISSP etc)
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security or related program.
- Or relevant industry experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to include the use of typical Microsoft Office products.
- Exposure to introductory computer language training – at ease with scripting/automation.
- Must be able to work in different environments (office, data centre, lab) and be able to use a computer.
- Configuration of Windows and Linux host-based security.
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts.
- Good networking knowledge to architect and custom-fit solutions.
- Customer facing and able to present confidently.
- Demonstrable ability with general security admin tools.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field
- Reporting to the Head of Professional Services
- UK customer base with some customers having an International presence.
- Travel within the UK with some overnight stays where schedules dictate.
- Motor vehicle ownership and a full driving license is required.
- Travel expenses fully reimbursed on submission of claim with receipts (mobile app).
- Laptop provided
- Home working approved on a job by job basis.
- Attendance at the office is required for updates, to support the SecOps team and when IR work dictates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To produce Scope of Work documents on behalf of customers in order to demonstrate a full understanding of the delivery engagement.
- To maintain a working relationship with primary vendors on the product portfolio to maintain a current understanding of features and installation methods.
- To carry out pre and post sales installation duties for existing customers and new opportunities to keep the sales cycle in motion – web collaboration presentations.
- To identify further technical opportunities within customer accounts to further embed the company and drive revenues.
- To foster a deep understanding of the data collected and its utility to interface with SecOps to iron out any data collection issues quickly and efficiently.
- To impart cyber security knowledge and expertise with customers to win favour and trust that facilities a deeper engagement and demonstrates the value of the company.
- To create and update maintain learning materials and product information relevant to the role for the team to ensure that all peers are fully briefed and prepared for situations that occur on site.
- To maintain a related cyber security specialism within the organisation to aid self-motivation and interest.
- To exude confidence when discussing and implementing the solutions offered by the company with customers and vendors to help keep the business at the front line.
- To engage with the customer to deliver the validate the audit findings and deliver a hygiene programme based on factual evidence to show Risk performance reduction across the cyber kill chain.
Outline on Thebes Group: Thebes Group was established in 1992. It is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the City of London. It works with numerous leading Vendors, Government, Insurance firms, Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, etc.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: CSE
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: ASAP