Design /Build AWS Foundation Platform (Dev background)
Design. Build. Foundation Platform. Ansible, Terraform, Python, Packer and DataDog. Best practices for Application Hosting. Strategic AWS plaftorm. Development. Scripting. Complex Code. Infrastructure management security standards and controls. Testing. distributed multi-tier architectures. AWS Practitioner. Development. Heavy Code. Coding in Python. Development lifecycle. Coding. Programming.
- Python (Must be able to do heavy code tasks – so offer a development background)
- Must offer a min of 5+ years of broad DevOps consultant expertise to advise on the delivery of the strategic AWS platform
Overview: We are looking for a highly skilled and collaborative team player to join one of our financial service customer based in London. This role demands candidates that has stemmed from a development background.
As a DevOps consultant you would be able to advise on the delivery of the strategic AWS platform, and subsequent deliverable of associated application migration, within the Infrastructure Modernisation Programme.
The candidate will need to be able to work closely with architects, developers, engineers and project managers to ensure key deliverables are met.
This role demands an experienced System /Development Consultant background.
- Consult with the senior stakeholders to lead, design and build the Foundation Platform for the strategic roadmap using AWS covering but not limited to application security scanning, code quality, logging strategy, monitoring strategy, alerting strategy. Extensive exposure to Ansible, Terraform, Python, Paker & Datadog
- Support the mass migration of applications to the public cloud as part of a streamlined service operations
- Drive automation and orchestration best practices for Application Hosting; focusing on tooling and integration with a focus on a continuous delivery model
- Work with Security Architects to build tactical and strategic security solutions
- Work with application teams and architects to mitigate complex application dependencies during migration
- Bridge system operators and developers, adopting continuous integration and deployment using orchestration to
Essential Experience: (Must-have skills/qualifications)
- Cloud platforms: AWS, (accreditation such as AWS practitioner) – 5 years AWS, maybe 2/3 if good. From Dev world, sysadmin into devops. Development scripting better placed. Complex code and scripts on Python.
- Experienced system/development background
- Understanding of infrastructure management security standards and controls
- Good understanding of development, testing and operations lifecycle and the interdependencies
- Understands the current pain points and opportunities in system management and operations
- Understanding of the scripting languages and high-level understanding of toolsets like Terraform.
- Solid experience of working in a high-pressure, large-scale, global environment.
- Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier architectures.
- Solid understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies.
Outline on Thebes Group: Thebes Group was established in 1992. It is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the City of London. It works with numerous leading Vendors, Government, Insurance firms, Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, etc.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: Devop 8/11
Salary: £500-£575 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 3 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP