Incident, Problem & Change Professional – Investment Banking
Change Management, Problem Management. Incident Management. Ticket System. ITSM tool. templates. end to end management of business impacting issues. Resolution of incidents. Incident Tickets. Escalation Daily Production Meetings. Post Incident Reviews. Identify root cause. Status updates. Management Reports. Banking. Investment Banking. Analyst. Support. Incident Review Meetings. IT Infrastructure Systems. Financial Services. Managed File Transfer. Control-M. NetBackup. Windows. UNIX Solaris. Citrix. Nagios. SolarWinds, SCOM. Monitoring tools.
- Good experience of Change, Incident and/or Problem management
- Experience of working in the Investment Banking sector.
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure system.
Role: We have the need to engage an experienced Incident, Problem and Change Professional. Due to the nature of the role he/she needs to offer experience of working in the Investment Banking sector. The successful candidate will report directly to the IT Service Delivery/ IPC & Service Desk Manager.
The role will span Incident, Change and Problem Management activities and will form part of a 3 person team who will cover the hours between 0700 and 1800 Monday to Friday – with staggered start and end times. The position will involve working closely with the client’s IT teams ensuring that they adhere to Incident, Problem and Change processes.
Technology wise: Candidates will be working with Control-M, MTF (Managed File Transfer), NetBackup, Windows, Unix Solaris and Citrix. Other: Nagios, Solarwinds, SCOM, Monitoring rools.
* Managing business impacting incidents from start to resolution.
* Performing problem management on all the managed incidents.
* Performing change management admin duties.
* Working closely with the client IT support teams to ensure the teams adhere to Incident, Problem and Change processes.
* Performing admin duties across Incident, Problem and Change to ensure all tickets within the ITSM tool meet the template requirements.
- Facilitate IT change activities across the clients (banks) change and run program.
- Review changes and liaise with IT Support teams to ensure the change meets required governance and process is adhered to.
- Run Change Advisory Board meetings with IT Support teams.
- Update the ITSM tool as part of workflow approval.
- Provide change management reports to IT Support teams and Management.
- Cover the end to end management of business impacting issues, engaging relevant IT support teams to ensure incidents are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Manage incidents via conference calls, liaising and coordinating activities with IT Support teams until issues is resolved.
- Send communications for incidents to all stakeholders.
- Update incident tickets within the ITSM tool with incident details. The incident tickets need to be updated in a timely manner and follow the standard template for required information.
- Escalate incidents to management, being able to articulate details of the incident.
- Run Daily Production meetings with all IT support teams to discuss any incidents that have occurred over the previous 24 hours.
- Facilitate Post Incident Review meetings with IT teams to identify root cause and remedial actions.
- Create problem management tickets within the ITSM tool following any managed incident.
- Perform for proactive Problem Management working with IT support teams to identify repeat issues, plan remediation actions and track through the ITSM too.
- Manage the life cycle of Problem tickets.
- Liaise with IT Support teams to ensure Problem remedial actions are progressed and completed within required timescales.
- Run regular Problem Management meetings with IT Support teams for status updates on outstanding problem actions.
- Update ITSM tool with known errors.
Outline Thebes Group
Thebes Group is a leading UK wide IT infrastructure technology consultancy. We are well-known for our extensive talent pool of highly competent IT professionals and exclusive Academy programmes, which provide a great opportunity to undertake technical training in core disciplines. Thebes work with a number of leading vendors, Government, financial institutions and insurance companies including investment banks, brokers and hedge funds. To see our list of core capabilities please click here.
Thebes does IT services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent more than 15 years willingly sharing the client’s risk with them by focusing on outputs (i.e. quality service and ROI) rather than inputs (i.e. price lists and warm bodies). We do this by fitting skills to needs, not to job titles, augmenting our staff with enthusiastic professionals and remaining flexible as our clients’ needs change.
Thebes Group is a leading IT services and technology consultancy based in the city of London and Milton Keynes. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, Insurance and Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Established in 1992, we are a full service provider that is 100% focused on delivering client value. We design, develop and implement leading technology solutions and resources, which help you, run your businesses better.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: IPC18/01
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP