IT Service Desk Analyst/Helpdesk Analyst
Service Desk. ITIL foundation. MS Office 2016. MOS qualification. Word. Excel. Rekoop, BigHand. Legal. Law. Analytical. Problem Solving. Incident management. Problem Management. Request Management. IT Service Desk. Resolution of incidents. Shift pattern. 1st line support. 2nd Line support. Helpdesk, Support Analyst. Helpdesk Analyst. Customer Service. Banking. Insurance. Law firms.
Key Skills Sought:
- ITIL foundation essential
- CompTIA A+ desirable
- Good technical skills across MS Office 2016 products, ideally with a MOS qualification in Word or Excel (but not essential).
Role: We have the urgent need to engage a Service Desk Analyst or Helpdesk Analyst to work for a very successful Law firm. The successful candidate will join a small team and provide 1st and 2nd line support to the entire business community, spanning Board members, Lawyers, PAs, staff and management. Escalating any difficult problems to the in-house Technical experts as required. This role will suit a Graduate (Computing subject) who really enjoys liaising with people by helping them to resovle their day to day IT issues.
Please note this role involves a shift pattern to provide weekday on-site services from 0800 to 1900 with on call support outside of these hours. A rota also exists for on-call weekend support. Successful candidate must also be happy to work in HQs in the west end of London as well as an office in CW.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Capturing, logging and dealing with calls, emails, and self-service actions to the IT Service Desk.
- Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers and categorises incidents.
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate.
- Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Resolution of incidents where possible, aiming to achieve a high first-time fix rate. Escalation to Systems Team as necessary. Incident resolution may involve desk-side support.
- Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Proactively looks for improvement areas of part of continuous improvement process.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Experience of working in a similar role, ideally in the legal professional (but not essential)
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to extract relevant information quickly and effectively.
- of working in a fast-paced office environment, with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at any one time.
Outline on Thebes Group: Thebes Group was established in 1992. It is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the City of London. It works with numerous leading Vendors, Government, Insurance firms, Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, etc.
It is a full-service provider, that is 100% focused on delivering client value. It designs, develops and implements leading technology solutions and resources, which help companies run their businesses more efficiently.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: ITSDA 19/10
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: ASAP