Business Intelligence Analytics Designer (BIRT)
Key Essential Skills
- Experience with OpenText™ Analytics Designer (Formerly BIRT Designer Pro)
- Analysing and converting the business requirements and mapping them into the configured components of a BI dashboard and/or reporting pack.
- Building multi-tier report using BIRT or OpenText™ Analytics Designer to design and create dynamic reports with embedded analytics, data visualizations, interactive web applications, and customizable dashboards for personalized insights and better end user experiences.
Knowledge of other BI Reporting tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau) would be advantageous
Role & Responsibilities:
Thebes group are looking for a BI Reporting Designer who can be responsible for delivering innovation to our customers. Their goal will be to help our customers optimize their IT through the implementation and roll-out of an OpenText™ Reporting solution embedded within an industry leading Risk Management platform in use at many of the world’s leading financial institutions and corporations.
As a Thebes OpenText Analytics Designer you will focus on providing the customer the best in class deployments, extension, and reporting solutions based on the OpenText™ Analytics Suite, allowing business users and analysts to access, blend, explore and analyse data quickly without depending on IT or data experts. You should have working knowledge of design, deploy, and manage secure, interactive web reporting solutions and dashboards.
Contribute to the development and documentation of reporting framework through:
Understanding of the data interface and its interpretation while assisting the customer building a corporate risk and compliance framework with a focus on guiding the customer towards a deeply informative solution.
- Collecting and documenting reporting requirements from customer work sessions.
- Identification of custom or ad hoc reports to include detailed technical requirements.
- Design, development and testing of custom Analytics Designer/BIRT reports to meet business requirements.
- Modification of baseline Analytics Designer/BIRT reports.
- Defining, documenting, and managing test cases to confirm requirements are met.
- Support system and user acceptance activities for successful implementation.
- Creating Advanced Data-Driven Applications and Interactive Business Reports Caching for creating interactive and analytic content
- Knowledge of HTML5-powered charts, Gadgets and maps, Commercial Data Drivers, Metadata layer, Impact analysis for these areas
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of reports technical activities.
Key Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in software engineering or other numeracy-related discipline
- 3+ years of overall IT experience.
- 1-2 years developing and implementing the JAVA based components; demonstrated experience with SDLC process areas.
- Working experience with SQL queries or related query design, analysis and optimization.
Thebes Group is a leading IT services and technology consultancy based in the city of London and Milton Keynes. Thebes work with a number of leading Vendors, Government, Insurance and Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds.
Established in 1992, we are a full service provider that is 100% focused on delivering client value. We design, develop and implement leading technology solutions and resources, which help you, run your businesses better.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: OTAD2101
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: IT