Operations and Service Management Professional
Google Cloud Platform
Cloud Platform. Google Cloud Platform. ITSM. Incident Management, Problem Management. Change Configuration. Service Catalogue. Service Level Agreements. ITOM. Performance monitoring, Capacity Management. Availability Management. Monitoring Cloud usage and billing. Compliance. Security Event Logging and Monitoring. Cloud Infrastructure services. ITIL processes. Data Controls. Security Governance. AWS. Azure. DevOps environment. SRE environment. Continuous Service Improvement. ServiceNow, StackDriver. Puppet. Chef. Cloud Architect. Engineering. Application Hosting Platforms. Migrations. AWS SysOps Admin. Solutions Architect. GCP Cloud Architect. GCP Cloud Engineer. Azure 70-533 Implementation. 70-535 Architecture. Tooling. Logging. Incident Management. Service Management.
Essential Experience sought:
- Offer proven experience of identifying, building and operating a service management function in so far as creating the templates, processes and procedures.
- Offer good experience of defining/designing a template to manage the logging process, ensuring best practice, and fit for purpose.
- Offer proven experience of selecting the most appropriate toolling options (including changing tools when the need arises)
- Offers experience of running a service management operation in the Cloud or has been totally involved with transitioning applications onto the Cloud.
- To have worked upon the tooling element of a Cloud programme i.e. selected which tools to use to support the service management function.
- Must offer Cloud Architect, Engineering or Operations certification.
- Experience of working on one or more Cloud Infrastructure Transformation programs.
- Experience of working on ITIL Processes, within a highly regulated environment, involving sensitive data controls and strong security governance.
- Experience of developing and running support processes for Applications and Infrastructure in public cloud environments – Google, AWS or Azure.
- Experience of working in a DevOps /SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) environment.
- Experience in Automation of manual tasks, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in designing, implementing and operating Service and Operations Management toolsets, ServiceNow, StackDriver, Puppet and Chef, tec.
Role: We seek to engage the above-mentioned professional to assist with the delivery and operation of a Strategic Cloud Planform for a major bank. The successful candidate will work closely with Developers, Engineers, Operations and Project managers to ensure key deliverables are met.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the implementation of the Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Support the migration of the Banks vast applications to the Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Design and implement tools and processes for ITSM activities including incident, problem, change, configuration, service catalogue and service level management.
- Design and implement tools and processes for ITOM activities including provisioning, capacity, performance, monitoring and availability management.
- Design and implement tools and processes for monitoring Cloud usage and billing.
- Compliance and security event logging and monitoring.
- Support the introduction of new Cloud infrastructure services as required.
Supplementary experience (Useful additional skills)
- Understanding of front to back banking system architecture
- Understanding of bottom to top application hosting platforms
- in migrating legacy “on premise” production systems into a Cloud environment.
- AWS SysOps Admin/Solutions Architect (Associate or better)
- GCP Cloud Architect /Engineer
- Azure 70-533 Implementation /70-535 Architecture
Outline Thebes Group
Thebes Group is a leading UK wide IT infrastructure technology consultancy. We are well-known for our extensive talent pool of highly competent IT professionals and exclusive Academy programmes, which provide a great opportunity to undertake technical training in core disciplines. Thebes work with a number of leading vendors, Government, financial institutions and insurance companies including investment banks, brokers and hedge funds. To see our list of core capabilities please click here.
Thebes does IT services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent more than 15 years willingly sharing the client’s risk with them by focusing on outputs (i.e. quality service and ROI) rather than inputs (i.e. price lists and warm bodies). We do this by fitting skills to needs, not to job titles, augmenting our staff with enthusiastic professionals and remaining flexible as our clients’ needs change.
Job Reference: 21.11 OASM
Salary: £400-£550 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP