Senior Infrastructure IT ENG
Essential skills : –
HP Left-hand storage, RES Environment Management – now ivanti Workspace Control
Citrix, Veritas Backup Exec,
Solid experience of:-
VMware, Citrix, Windows, Exchange, Server architecture, Changing Tapes
You must have a min of 4+ years’ experience as an Infrastructure IT Engineer with delivery of an outstanding infrastructure environment
Dealing with incidents, requests and problems. leveraging other services where possible, the configuration of applications, interoperability and the desktop environment provide the basis on which the firm works.
We are looking for a highly skilled and collaborative team player to join one of our legal service customer based in London.
As a Senior Infrastructure IT Engineer, you would be able to lead the team of engineers to resolve incidents, and subsequent deliverable of associated hosted applications
The candidate will need to be able to work closely with architects, developers, engineers and project managers to ensure key deliverables are met and incidents are closed.
Consult with the stakeholders to resolve and track any incidents as per monitoring and alerting strategy. Extensive exposure to HP Left-hand storage, RES Environment Management – now ivanti Workspace Control, Citrix, Veritas Backup Exec, VMware
A shift rota is in place to provide weekday on-site services from 08:00 to 19:00 with on-call support outside of these hours. A rota also exists for on-call weekend support. You will be expected to fully participate in the rotas.
Normally based in one location however may require travel to second London officeDrive the incident resolution best practices for Application Hosting; focusing on tooling and integration with a focus on a continuous delivery model
Work with application teams and architects to mitigate complex application dependencies during migration
Bridge system operators and developers, adopting continuous integration and deployment using orchestration tools
Essential Experience: (Must-have skills/qualifications)
• Ability to work in shift pattern
- Experienced system consultant background
• Understanding of infrastructure management security standards and controls
• Good understanding of development, testing and operations lifecycle and the interdependencies
• Understands the current pain points and opportunities in system management and operations
• Understanding of the scripting languages and high-level understanding of toolsets like Terraform.
• Solid experience of working in a high-pressure, large-scale, global environment.
• Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier architectures.
• Solid understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies
- Experience within the legal sector is not essential
Outline on Thebes Group: Thebes Group was established in 1992. It is a leading IT Infrastructure technology consultancy based in the City of London. It works with numerous leading Vendors, Government, Insurance firms, Financial Institutions including Investment Banks, Brokers, Hedge Funds, etc.
Thebes – Lead by Passion, Driven by Innovation and Dedicated to Results.
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Job Reference: SIITE
Salary: £400 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 3 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP